The Women’s Diversity Network (WDN) is hosting its second annual L.I. Women’s Diversity Summit! Coming together are established organizations, community members, leaders of awareness raising groups and our co-sponsor, SUNY College at Old Westbury. The Women’s Diversity Network (WDN) connects and mobilizes women of different backgrounds to create positive changes through a more unified sisterhood. This is an event not to be missed! A day of camaraderie, learning and celebration… expanding hearts and minds!
The goals of the Network are:
- Educating our communities around issues and policies that challenge our unity
- Empowering women to break down barriers for improved inclusion and advocacy for all
- Celebrating our diverse backgrounds in a variety of ways!
In order for us to realize these goals, the Network will engage in activities, create events and promote actions that:
- Identify and provide services needed by women and their families
- Investigate and research issues of concern to women and their families
- Advocate for public policies at all levels of government that address women’s issues
KEYNOTE – WORKSHOPS – CULTURAL ARTS PERFORMANCES – FOOD FROM DIVERSE CULTURES – AND… INSPIRATION!
We welcome all who are interested in coming together as a collaborative community to join us, learn more and position yourself to take action along with others in any area that resonates with you. It will be an enjoyable and educational day!
Christine Keller, M.A., M.S.Ed. and associates (to be announced) may be offering a workshop session about “The Kids We Lose” (confirmation and details forthcoming!).
The Children’s Sangha’s Student Leadership Partnership and our Project Stewardship participants will volunteer at the Summit in collaboration with the WDN Youth Council!
For DETAILS and to REGISTER: L.I. Women’s Diversity Summit