Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Women’s Diversity Network has been cancelled. Stay-tuned for Women’s Diversity Network (WDN) on-line workshops and trainings that will be announced in the near future!
The Women’s Diversity Network (WDN) is hosting its third annual L.I. Women’s Diversity Summit! And, The Children’s Sangha is a proud co-host!
Coming together are established organizations, community members, leaders of awareness raising groups and our co-sponsor, SUNY College at Old Westbury. The Women’s Diversity Network (WDN) connects and mobilizes women of different backgrounds to create positive changes through a more unified sisterhood. This is an event not to be missed! A day of camaraderie, learning and celebration… expanding hearts and minds!
The goals of the Network are:
- Educating our communities around issues and policies that challenge our unity
- Empowering women to break down barriers for improved inclusion and advocacy for all
- Celebrating our diverse backgrounds in a variety of ways!
In order for us to realize these goals, the Network will engage in activities, create events and promote actions that:
- Identify and provide services needed by women and their families
- Investigate and research issues of concern to women and their families
- Advocate for public policies at all levels of government that address women’s issues
KEYNOTE – PANEL DISCUSSIONS – WORKSHOPS – CULTURAL ARTS PERFORMANCES – FOOD FROM DIVERSE CULTURES – AND… INSPIRATION!
We welcome all who are interested in coming together to learn, connect and position yourself to take action along with others in any area that resonates with you. It will be an enjoyable and educational day!
The Children’s Sangha’s Project Stewardship participants via our Student Leadership Partnership with the WDN Youth Council and SUNY Old Westbury students will volunteer at the Summit.
For DETAILS and to REGISTER: L.I. Women’s Diversity Summit